Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Alexander Ludwig on our radar


There’s a cute alien in our midst - and we love him! Say hello to ALEXANDER LUDWIG (16) who plays a teen with paranormal powers in the upcoming flick Race to Witch Mountain (see movie review).

*He was born on 7 May 1992 in Vancouver, Canada.

*He’s best known for his role as Will Stanton in the 2007 fantasy film The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising. “Ever since I was a kid I wanted superpowers and in this movie I could do almost anything except fly,” he says.

*He lives with his parents and three siblings (two sisters and a brother) in Vancouver.

*He begged his parents to allow him to pursue acting. “My mom and dad were kind of iffy about the whole thing. The kid actor thing can get a bit warped.”

*His parents eventually relented and he started his acting career at nine in a Harry Potter toy commercial.

*He’s amped about his new role opposite Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson in Race to Witch Mountain. “I had no idea what was going to come next. This has been such a roller-coaster ride, the opportunity of a lifetime.”