Friday, 10 April 2009

17 Again


MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG is one lucky lady. She stars opposite hottie ZAC EFRON in the comedy 17 Again. Find out what it was like playing Zac’s daughter - even though she’s two years older than him!

In the movie Mike O’Donnell (played by Friends’ Matthew Perry) hates his life and wishes he could turn back the clock. He gets his wish and lands back in high school as a 17-year-old in the form of Zac Efron. Michelle plays Maggie, Mike’s rebellious daughter.

Michelle says she was “hysterical” when she found out she was playing Zac’s daughter and joked about having a sweater made that says “Zac Efron is my Daddy!”

“I called Zac ‘Dad’ all the time. I’d say things like, ‘Good morning, Dad.’ The cast members really love each other. It was nice working with Zac and Matt - not a bad day on set!” she says.

Meanwhile Zac says playing a 37-year-old dad was funny. “There are so few ways I can relate to a 37-year-old. It was a challenge, it was different. A lot of stuff I’ve done up to now I’ve lived, such as first love. I’ve been there done that, you know - high school, putting on plays. But in this movie it’s different because I’m doing things for someone twice my age.”

Zac says he wanted to be in the movie because it was an opportunity to play a character with heart. “What he learns is very important - that it’s never too late.”

WIN
Tell us what you think of YOU’s teen pages (good or bad) and you could win one of 10 hampers with a 17 Again T-shirt and movie soundtrack. SMS the number 17, your comments, name and address to 34923 before 23 April. Each SMS costs R2.