Thursday, 16 April 2009

Hannah Montana movie madness


We love her on the small screen - now get ready to see MILEY CYRUS in the movie version of Hannah Montana which hits cinemas on 1 May. What can we expect? The film’s tagline says it all: she has the best of both worlds . . . now she has to pick just one. Bring it on!

ABOUT THE MOVIE
Miley Stewart (played by Miley Cyrus) is living it up as her pop star alter ego Hannah Montana but a series of disasters leaves her overwhelmed with everything fame brings. Her dad (played by Billy Ray Cyrus) tricks her into getting back to her roots in her small hometown in Tennessee. There she spends time with best friends Lilly (Emily Osment) and Oliver (Mitchel Musso). While getting used to farm life Miley also falls in love. She reconnects with a childhood friend, Travis Brody (played by newcomer Lucas Till), and things get a bit heated, forcing her to think about her real life versus that of her alter ego.

THE NEWBIE
Lucas Till (18) plays Travis Brody, Miley Stewart’s old friend and love interest.

“My agent suggested I send a tape in so I sent one to humour her - I didn’t think I’d actually get the role. Then I got the part! It was really a cool experience.”

He says he can’t describe the experience of working with Miley. “It was fun all the time. It was crazy and unpredictable all the time. She’s constantly doing something entertaining, whether she means to or not.”

THE STARS
There are a number of big names who appear in cameo roles in Hannah Montana: The Movie.

Singer Taylor Swift says she’s excited about being a part of the Hannah Montana phenomenon.

Ugly Betty’s Vanessa Williams says, “When they sent me the script I didn’t even ask what the character was, I just said ‘yes!’ ”

Tyra Banks, creator of America’s Next Top Model, says, “When I told them about this all the people in my family told me I have to do it. It’s Hannah Montana!”

WIN
Join our teen panel and you could win a Hannah Montana movie hamper including the movie soundtrack, a branded notebook and a funky cap courtesy of EMI Music. SMS the word HANNAH along with your name, age, address and e-mail address to 34923 by 5 pm on 30 April. Each SMS costs R2.