Friday, 07 August 2009

Sizzling Ciara


She’s one of the hottest R&B singers around and is wooing fans with her latest chart-topper, Love Sex Magic, featuring Justin Timberlake. If you haven’t heard her latest album, Fantasy Ride, what are you waiting for? Here’s more on divine Ciara.

- Her father was in the US army so Ciara grew up on army bases around the world. Her family eventually settled in New York when she was eight.

- Her music career was inspired by seeing Destiny’s Child perform on TV. “My ultimate goal is to be one of the best female entertainers ever, like those I watched growing up,” she says.

- She won a Grammy for Best Short Form Music Video with Missy Elliott for Lose Control in 2006.

- Ciara took the part of a high school volleyball star in 2005’s All You’ve Got. Next she appears in Mama, I Want to Sing, playing a preacher’s daughter who becomes a pop star. “I want to be an amazing actress,” Ciara says. “I’m looking forward to many more film experiences.”

- Fantasy Ride is a personal story. “I’m taking my fans on a virtual fantasy ride through music and my life. Look at the first two singles. They’re both extensions of who I am and yet so different. Never Ever is warm and Love Sex Magic is aggressive. Both are sides of me and there’s so much more to share. It’s all a part of the Fantasy Ride.”

- The busy singer/actress owns a talent agency called Universal Dance Talent, which establishes careers for up-and-coming dancers. “The ultimate goal is to have a dance school with a studio,” she says. Plus rumour has it she’s set to release a clothing line soon. We can’t wait!

- She thinks guys are intimidated by her height! At 1,9 m tall this isn’t a gal who has to look up to dates. “Some guys are nervous speaking to me. Maybe it’s because I’m so tall! Since I’ve been doing music I don’t really get asked out much,” she says.

WIN!
Tell us who your fave artist is and you could win one of 10 Fantasy Ride albums, courtesy of Sony BMG SA. SMS Ciara along with your comments, name and address to 34923 by 5 pm on 20 August. Each SMS costs R2.