
Gossip Girl’s Little Jenny Humphrey sure is a fascinating creature and it’s all thanks to up-and-coming actress TAYLOR MOMSEN. From her quirky fashion sense to her carefree attitude Taylor oozes cool.
THE DATING GAME
Taylor (16) is single but definitely knows what she wants in a partner - or at least what she doesn’t want. “I’m not going to date someone who’s 16. Boys are so much less mature than girls as it is. I would eat a boy my age alive,” she says.
SHE’S PRETTY RECKLESS
Apart from acting she’s the lead singer in her own band, Pretty Reckless. “A lot of people in music are manufactured faces. I don’t want to be that,” she says. In March she revealed her band was working on a debut album.
SHE COULD HAVE BEEN HANNAH MONTANA
Taylor auditioned for the lead in Hannah Montana, which went to Miley Cyrus, of course. “I’m relieved I didn’t get it. It would be a very different show. It just wouldn’t have worked for me,” she says. True, we can’t seem to picture her as HM either.
WHAT’S UP WITH HER ZANY STYLE?
“I decided to start being myself. Now I do my own make-up, my own hair and dress myself,” she says. “I try not to leave the house without thinking of how I’m going to present myself. But I’m not a little kid playing dress-up.”
ABOUT GOSSIP WEBSITES
I read somewhere there was this whole blog about how I shoot heroin. I was like, ‘Guys, I don’t shoot heroin. Sorry to burst your bubble but that’s really obscene. I like Kurt Cobain but I’m not trying to emulate everything about him’.”
TAYLOR’S FILM ROLES
She began acting professionally at three with a national commercial for Shake ‘N’ Bake. She went on to star in several films before landing Gossip Girl.
2000: Cindy Lou Who in 2000’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2002: Julie Moore as a child in We Were Soldiers
2002: Alexandra in Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams
2002: Gretel in Hansel & Gretel
2006: Samantha Wallace in Saving Shiloh
2007: Jennifer in Paranoid Park
2007: Molly in Underdog