Thursday, 03 September 2009

Demi’s living the dream


She’s the star of upcoming Disney show Sonny with a Chance but that’s not all 16-year-old Demi Lovato is up to. Here’s more on the Camp Rock star.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR NEW SHOW, SONNY WITH A CHANCE
It’s a show about a show. I play Sonny, a girl from Wisconsin who moves to Hollywood to be in her favourite TV show. She’s thrown into a whirlwind and gets to live her dream. It’s funny to watch her try to adapt to the new lifestyle and still stay the same. She’s a great character to play because she’s really quirky and funny. I relate to her a lot because I’m from Texas and I moved to Hollywood and I’m living the fantasy too.

HOW HARD HAS IT BEEN TO MOVE TO HOLLYWOOD?
It’s been awesome. I feel really comfortable in LA now and it has been a smooth transition. It wasn’t at all as scary as I thought it would be. Luckily I moved to a really nice area that reminds me a lot of Texas. It’s quiet and I’m quite near friends such as Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus.

WHAT’S THE HARDEST PART OF BEING FAMOUS?
The biggest thing is learning to deal with people not accepting you for who you are. A lot of the time people will pick at you and try to find things that aren’t even wrong with you and at the end of the day you are who you are. Not everyone is going to like it but you can’t change yourself just to please people. I’m just doing what I love. I’m getting to live out my dream every single day and no one is going to stop me.

IS BEING FAMOUS ALL PARTIES AND GLAMOUR?
There are definitely nights when I feel as if it’s a fairytale because I’m in a beautiful dress and getting into a cool car and going to a movie premiere. But it’s also challenging and it takes a lot of hard work and sacrifices.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO WORK BEHIND THE CAMERA ONE DAY?
It’s a goal of mine to direct one day. A lot of the time when I’m doing projects like Sonny with a Chance or Camp Rock I’m secretly wishing I could be behind the camera. Maybe I can try directing episodes of Sonny. That would be an awesome start!