Friday, 11 September 2009

Panic at theDisco’s Brendon Urie


- The Las Vegas-born muso’s full name is BRENDON BOYD URIE and he’s 22.

- The singer’s most recent collaboration is the single Open Happiness with Cee-Lo Green, Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump, Travis McCoy of Gym Class Heroes and singer Janelle Monae. Check out the cool music video on YouTube. “My role in the video is a nerdy news reporter who’s stoked at getting the news that happiness is everywhere. He’s a goofy guy. I think I was typecast because I’m a goofy guy too,” Brendon says.

- He’s recorded the single New Perspective for the upcoming Megan Fox horror film Jennifer’s Body. “I wrote the song about two years ago but didn’t know what it was right for at the time,” Brendon says. Good thing he hung onto it!

- After Panic at the Disco reformed - guitarist Ryan Ross and bassist Jon Walker left and were replaced by former Cab member Ian Crawford and Dallon Weekes of the Brobecks - the band started working on a new album. “They’re really fun guys,” Brendon says of his fellow band members. “Now it’s time to go back into the studio and finish the follow-up to 2008’s Pretty.Odd album.”

BONUS CD REVIEW
Battlefield by Jordin Sparks
Rating: 3/5
Reviewer: Kim Van Reizig
Come on, own up! You know the words of most of the singles on this album, don’t you? We don’t blame you. The lead single, Battlefield, is one of many gems that include Tattoo, 911 Emergency, Was I The Only One and The Cure. The lyrics, mostly about love and being true to yourself, aren’t soppy enough to roll your eyes and Jordin’s powerful voice is always a pleasure to listen to.