Tuesday, 04 November 2008

Caution: Wild Child ahead!


What do you get when you place a spoilt Malibu brat in a British boarding school? Wild Child. Read all about the stars of one of the year’s coolest chick flicks.

THE MALIBU PRINCESS
Emma Roberts plays 16-year-old Poppy Moore who leads a pampered life as an LA rich kid. When her rebellious nature gets too much for her dad he ships her off to a boarding school in England. There everything is different and she soon learns British girls can match her mean ways.

“I loved the character when I read the script!” Emma says. “I’ve never played a character like Poppy before so it’s really cool to be able to play someone different”

Poppy eventually makes friends and learns a few life lessons along the way. On the other hand Emma (17) made plenty of friends on set. “I hope we keep in touch. I loved hanging out with everyone. I hope Wild Child becomes one of those movies that people quote lines from because there are a lot of funny lines!”

THE REST OF THE CAST
*Alex Pettyfer (18) is Freddie Kingsley, the guy who makes Poppy’s heart beat faster. But he’s also the headmaster’s son!

The young British actor’s claim to fame was starring opposite Ewan McGregor in Stormbreaker. He seems to have a soft spot for Emma. “She’s really, really great. I’d sometimes walk on set with a bit of a downer, having a bad day, you know - we woke up at five in the morning to shoot - and Emma lifts you up straight away!”

*Kimberley Nixon (22) plays Kate, one of Poppy’s new best friends. The British actress can also be seen in the upcoming teen comedy Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.

*Linzey Cocker (21) plays Jozie, another of Poppy’s new friends. The rising English star has been in a few TV shows and will also appear in an upcoming drama called Is There Anybody There?

*Juno Temple (19) is Drippy, another of Poppy’s new BFFs. Juno’s movie credits include Notes on a Scandal, The Other Boleyn Girl and Atonement.

FAST FACT: Lucy Dahl, daughter of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory author Roald Dahl, wrote the script for Wild Child based on her experiences at boarding school.

- Wild Child opens in cinemas on 14 November.