
LOYISO BALA is a busy man. The South African Music Award-winning artist is working on his next album between countrywide gigs. Check out his jam-packed week.
SATURDAY
Arrive in Cape Town to perform with my brothers, Zwai and Phelo. We perform songs from our new Afrikaans album and the response is great. Later we go out with friends.
SUNDAY
Fly back to Joburg, spend time at home and unpack my travel bag. Sunday is usually the only day I have time off.
MONDAY
Shoot an episode of the TV show Friends Like These. The power goes out so it’s a bit of a waiting game. It’s the guys versus the girls and we lose!
TUESDAY
Onto the next plane - this time to Nelspruit to shoot an episode of Top Travel, sister programme of Top Billing, and we head off to Kruger National Park.
WEDNESDAY
Wake up before sunrise to go on a hot-air balloon flight followed by a game drive. The game makes me hungry so we have lunch then record for the programme. A long day indeed and I’m tired.
THURSDAY
Start off the day with exercise and a smoothie. Still recovering from yesterday so I go to the studio and record various demo vocals for my next album.
FRIDAY
It’s the J&B Met so I’m off to Cape Town (again). I’m involved in the Carducci fashion show and will have a great time with my friends.