Thursday, 28 May 2009

Willa Holland on our radar


She spent her childhood playing at top director Steven Spielberg’s house and is now famous as devious Kaitlin Cooper in The OC. WILLA HOLLAND has also appeared in a few episodes of the hit TV series Gossip Girl. Here’s the scoop on this rising big-screen star.

- Born Willa Joanna Chance Holland on 18 June 1991 in Los Angeles

- She wanted to be an actress from an early age. “When I was little I used to sit in front of the TV and my mom says I’d point to it and be like, ‘That’s what I want to do’.”

- At seven she was urged to take up acting when she visited Steven Spielberg at his house with her cinematographer dad, Keith Holland.

- She started her career modelling and appearing in small roles. Her big break came at 14 when she landed a spot in The OC.

- Willa plays model Agnes in three episodes of Gossip Girl Season 2. Her character creates all sorts of havoc for poor little Jenny Humphrey.