Tuesday, 13 October 2009

10 Things about Robbie Williams’ new album


- Reality Killed the Video Star is the British singer’s first album in three years.

- Robbie chose to fly under the radar when his Close Encounters tour finished in 2006. “I had to have a rest,” he says. “It was time for me to take stock and look at who I am.”

- He worked with producers Mark Ronson and Guy Chambers but settled for Trevor Horn - who has produced songs for Cher, Seal, Tina Turner and Paul McCartney - as the album’s producer.

- Robbie says Trevor “added something to the record I haven’t had on previous records: his genius”.

- The album’s title is a reference to the song Video Killed the Radio Star which was written and performed by Trevor’s former band, The Buggles, in 1979.

- Most of the 13 songs were written in Robbie’s home studio in LA and all were recorded in London.

- The album will be released worldwide on 9 November.

- The first single, Bodies, has been released on radio and as a digital download.

- The music video for Bodies features a clean-shaven Robbie dressed in a suit and dancing among abandoned aircraft in a desert.

- The singer admits he’s nervous about the album. “I’m at a turning point in my career. This record decides my path,” he says. “I’m very fond of it, very proud of it. I want it to be the record that, if people think of Robbie Williams, they go, ‘Yeah, Reality Killed the Video Star’.”