Friday, 09 October 2009

The Saturdays


The UK’s latest all-girl group phenomenon, The Saturdays, are heating up the charts with their single Work.

Amid the indie, rock and R&B offerings on air these days these five friends and band members are unashamedly pop. “Everyone’s taking themselves so seriously at the moment. We’re a proper, full-on pop girl band and we’re loving it,” band member Frankie Sandford says. They’re a young band that formed in 2008 and their platinum-selling debut album, Chasing Lights, produced the fab hit Work. They plan to release a second album later this year.

Meet the group:

VANESSA WHITE
Favourite food - pasta.

Most embarrassing moment - running down the escalator to catch my train and falling on my face! It was during peak time too.

Must-have fashion accessory - hippy hairbands.

My biggest fear - drowning or falling off a building.

MOLLIE KING
Most exciting thing about being in The Saturdays - performing at the O2 Arena in London just like the Spice Girls and Justin Timberlake did.

Where I hope to be in five years - at the VMAs accepting our award, with Chace Crawford [Gossip Girl’s Nate Archibald] on my arm.

Fave food - Chinese!

UNA HEALY
Favourite music - I love anything that sets off an emotion in me. It has to give me a tingle. My all-time fave is Sheryl Crow.

A great Saturday night in is - to order in Chinese food and watch a movie with my gorgeous boyfriend while he plays with my hair.

Secret crush - Josh Hartnett.

Musical instruments I can play - include the guitar, both acoustic and electric, since I was 13 years old.

FRANKIE SANDFORD
A great Saturday night in is a DVD and loads of rubbish food to munch on.

Favourite items in my wardrobe - my wet-look leggings which look good for all occasions, my leather jacket that goes with everything, my ankle boots and that huge cardigan for ugly days.

My motto - work as hard as you can for what you want so that you know you did all that you could to make it happen.

ROCHELLE WISEMAN
Fashion trends I’m trying - I love really chic clothes and I’d always rather dress up than down. I’m a heels-in-the-day kind of girl.

Favourite food - sushi and roast dinners.

A great Saturday night in is - to be curled up on the sofa in my PJs with a tub of ice cream, watching Pretty Woman.