
LOUISE CARVER has grown and it shows in the new CD/DVD release of her 2007 album, Saved by the Moonlight. “My change in image to being more feminine has been a natural progression. I’ve grown into a woman who doesn’t think it’s okay to force myself to be hip and cool,” she says.
The new release features music videos to accompany hits such as Home, The Only Thing, Didn’t Mean to Call and Time Is a Healer. “I wanted this album to be about music and I wanted people to have visuals too. I didn’t want any bells and whistles and wanted the instruments and music to complement each other.”
Louise has completed a month-long schedule of performances across SA and is living her dream. “It’s been busy but I love everything about playing live. It’s hard work but it energises me. All I need is one night a week to relax.”
The SAMA nominee hopes the album will be ready for release by the middle of next year. “I want to do something different in terms of production - I’m thinking orchestra. You have to grow as an artist and I don’t mind progress as long as it doesn’t change the essence of who I am.”